Last Modified: 30 September, 2016
CineApp is a fast and fun way to get information about cinemas in Uganda and share experiences with your friends and the world around you. You can view cinema details, get their show times and ticket prices. You can also read up on movies synopsis and watch trailers instantly with a click of a button. We don't stop at that; we give you the tool to show off about a new movie trailer you have just watched or a movie you have watched or planning to watch using the sharing tool. Share movies on social media so that with a click, your friends can view the movie and even watch the trailer on their mobile devices.
When you sign up for an account and interact with our application, you'll inevitably share some information with us. We get that that can affect your privacy. So we want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, whom we share it with and the choices we give you to control, access, and update your information.
Please also read our Terms of Service ("Terms"), which describes the terms under which you use our Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information you choose to give us
When you interact with our services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a basic CineApp account, so we need to collect a few important details about you such as: a username you'd like to go by and a valid phone number. In may also need additional information such as profile pictures and date of birth for better customization.
Other services, such as commerce products, will then use your telephone contact to verify your mobile
carrier so as to easily transact. You may provide us with information related to your use of our Services, including copies of your messages, and how to contact you so we can provide you customer support. For example, you may send us an email with information relating to our app performance or other issues.
- Information we get when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you've used and how you've used them. We might know, for instance, how long you have used the application and weather you're a registered user or just a gust user. Here's a full explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
Information we collect from third parties
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example,
we may collect information about: how you interact with the services, such as which cinemas you like
viewing, which movies you shared or even purchases made.
- Content Information. We collect information about the content you provide, such as if another user accessed the application through a link you had shared previously, how long they viewed it and if they performed any other further actions thereafter.
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, advertising identifier, unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number).
- Camera and Photos. In cases where who would like to update your account profile with a profile photo, we may need to access your device's camera and photos. We'll access your camera and photos only after you give us your consent.
- Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location.
With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that
include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
- Usage and Log Information. We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information.
This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our Services, how you interact with others using our Services, and the like), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Transactional Information. If you pay for our Services, we may receive information and confirmations, such as payment receipts, including from app stores or other third parties processing your payment.
We may collect information that other users and third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, For example, if another user allows us to collect information from their device phonebook and you're one of that user's contacts we may combine the information we collect from that user's phonebook with other information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other companies that are owned or operated by us, or any other third-party sources, and combine that with the information we collect through our services. We may also use information provided by other companies work with to distribute our apps, provide our infrastructure, delivery, and other systems, supply map and places information, process payments, help us understand how people use our Services, and market our Services. These providers may provide us information about you in certain circumstances; for example, app stores may provide us reports to help us diagnose and fix service issues. Please note that when you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
What do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: Provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve. But we do a lot more as well, such as:
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services
- communicate with you
- monitor and analyze trends and usage
- personalize the services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information, or customizing the content we show you, including ads
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity
- use information we've collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage polices
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster. Please note that CineApp is part of a larger family of Pirumart and in the future, we may share information with our future apps so as to customize the services we provide to you. We will allow you and third parties, like businesses, to communicate with each other using CineApp, such as through order, transaction, and appointment information, delivery and shipping notifications, product and service updates, and marketing. For example, you may receive a receipt for something you purchased, or a notification when a delivery will be made. Messages you may receive containing marketing could include an offer for something that might interest you. We do not want you to have a spammy experience; as with all of your messages, you can manage these communications, and we will honor the choices you make.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With other CineApp Users. We may share the following information with other users:
- information about you, such as your username and profile picture;
- information about how you have interacted with the services, such as your CineApp "score," and benefits received.
- any additional information you have consented for us to share. For example, when you let us access your device phonebook, we may share information about you with other users who have your phone number in their device phonebook.
- With our affiliates. We may share information with entities within the Pirumart family of companies.
- With third parties. We may share your information with the following third parties:
- With service providers, sellers, and partners. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through our services, and business partners that provide services and functionality.
- With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, government request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations;
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If CineApp gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
- In the aggregate or after de-identification. We may also share with third parties, such as advertisers, aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- Access and Updates. We strive to let you access and update most of the personal information that we have about you. There are limits though to the requests we'll accommodate. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful. You can access and update most of your basic account information right in the app by visiting the app's Settings page. Because your privacy is important to us, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We will try
to update and access your information for free, but if it would require a disproportionate effort on our part, we may charge a fee. We will of course disclose the fee before we comply with your request.
If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your information, we allow you to do that through the following tools:
- Services Settings. You can change your settings to manage certain information available to other users. You can manage your contacts, groups, and broadcast lists, or use our block feature to manage the users with whom you communicate.
- Changing Your Mobile Phone Number, Profile Name and Picture. You must change your mobile phone number using our in-app change number feature and transfer your account to your new mobile phone number. You can also change your profile name, profile picture, and status message at any time.
- Deleting Your CineApp Account. You may delete your CineApp account at any time (including if you want to revoke your consent to our use of your information) using our in-app delete my account feature that may be provided in later updates. When you delete your CineApp account, your undelivered messages are deleted from our servers as well as any of your other information we no longer need to operate and provide our Services. Be mindful that if you only delete our Services from your device without using our in-app delete my account feature, your information may be stored with us for a longer period. Please remember that when you delete your account, it does not affect the information other users have relating to you, such as their copy of the messages you might have sent them.
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING SERVICES RENDERED